Step One: Apply
Initial acceptance eligibility is assessed after receiving the first seven items
- Application fee: $475 for grade 1-12 International Tuition and Fees – 2022–2023
- Application for Admission Form
- Copy of Passport Page (must be valid for at least 6 months prior to entry)
- Transcripts with official translation (subjects, hours, and grades) Original in English! See Transcript Guidelines
- Test results from one of the following: TOEFL, iTep, or Cambridge (grades 7-11) See Fulfilling the Testing Requirements
- Affidavit of Support for Sponsor
- Bank Statement of Sponsor in English (must match sponsor on Affidavit of Support)
- Immunization Record in English (must include dates) See Immunization Requirements
Attention: Record must be sent at this time, and completed before leaving home country
Step Two: Commit
Once accepted, the following must be completed in order for the I-20 to be processed and mailed:
Step Three: Finish Application Forms
Apply for an Interview at Embassy for the Student Visa.
Immediately notify school when a visa is approved or denied.
IMPORTANT: Never enter the United States on a tourist visa if you intend to attend school. If you enter on a B-1/B-22 visa, make sure it says “Prospective Student” on the visa page.
Before Arriving in the United States
After the Visa is granted, and before arriving in the US, the following must be complete:
- Pay tuition (add $20 if wiring) See Tuition and Fees
- Purchase Insurance and submit forms. A waiver must be submitted for approval if a private policy is purchased
- Designated Guardian in the United States OR $1000.00 deposit and $1,000 liaison fee
- Submit Final Immunization record before arriving in the US
- 18 Year-Old Contract (All students who will turn 18 years old before graduation date)
- Athletic eligibility is limited to JV teams for first year high school students, unless enrolled through a California State CIF approved agency.
- Motor Vehicle Permission
- Contact Homestay Company of your choice, required for homestay placement.
- Submit Notification of Homestay Company Form
- Homestay Release Form (if living in a homestay) signed by parent or Designated Guardian
- Affidavit of Relationship (with supporting documents) if living with Blood Relative
- Complete CUSSD’s Field Trip Parental Permission Form
Arrival at School & Class Registration
- Provide copy of Visa and immigration stamp from passport
- Pick up insurance documents at orientation OR verify waiver approval of private policy
- Complete and submit Orientation Packet (mailed to homestay or guardian)
- Fill out Contact Information Form for Immigration and web purposes – must be accurate and signed by Host Parent
- Take the English and Math Placement Tests before school starts (report dates in Orientation packet)
- Purchase school uniforms. Uniform Policy
- Submit original documents for school transcripts if not done previously.